Re: BUG #3110: Online Backup introduces Duplicate OIDs

От Randy Isbell \(jisbell\)
Тема Re: BUG #3110: Online Backup introduces Duplicate OIDs
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> BTW, the backup process is supposed to result in backup_label being
> present in the filesystem dump, so that you'd have had to go out of your
> way for it to NOT be present (which is why we didn't think it needed
> much documentation).  What exactly was happening?  If you didn't
> deliberately remove it from the dump, there may still be some kind of
> bug here.

Correct.  backup_label was getting created.  My cleanup of such items as pg=
_xlog/ was overly aggressive and removing backup_label.  While testing with=
 no database activity during the dump, the problem did not exist.=20=20

I'll send verbiage to the docs folks as requested.  Thanks again for all th=
e help.

- r.=09