Re: unix socket location confusion

От Scott Ribe
Тема Re: unix socket location confusion
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mar 22, 2015, at 10:54 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> We're entirely at the mercy of the platform's dynamic loader when it comes
> to things like this.  I don't think I trust Darwin's loader with relative
> paths; though come to think of it, Linux's loader may be no better.  Way
> too many opportunities to screw up there.

It actually does work, I've used it. But I never found any documentation about it, and it was a damned PITA to figure
out.

> As for static libraries, there are good reasons why those aren't superior
> solutions.  Red Hat for instance has a blanket policy against shipping
> static libraries (with only very narrow exceptions), and I believe the
> same is true of many other vendors.

Yep. Good & bad both ways.

Anyway, I clearly need to not nest specific version builds with the dbs that use that version. I need to build all
versionsinto /usr/local/pgsql-XYZ and then symlink as needed.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com