Re: Teaching regex operators about collations

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: Teaching regex operators about collations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Apr 9, 2011, at 2:40 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Since ILIKE now responds to collations, it would be nice if the
> case-insensitive regex operators did too.  The hard part of that is
> getting the information from src/backend/utils/adt/regexp.c to
> src/backend/regex/regc_locale.c.  In principle we could probably add
> a field to the data structures carried around in the regex library,
> but that is looking a bit invasive, and since we share that code with
> the Tcl project I'm loath to change it too much.  So what I'm thinking
> about is just having a couple of static variables in regc_locale.c that
> we initialize before each use of the regex library.  This is a bit
> grotty, but there's no need for the regex library to be re-entrant,
> so it wouldn't cause any problems until that improbable day when
> somebody succeeds in multi-threading the backend.
>
> Comments?

Sounds reasonable. Is this something that CITEXT could take advantage of somehow? Right now, its using a nasty hack to
makeILIKE and friends work properly…

Best,

David

Сообщение: Re: Bug in pg_hba.conf or pg_basebackup concerning replication connections
Сообщение: Re: Bug in pg_hba.conf or pg_basebackup concerning replication connections