PostgreSQL, JDBC and BObj

От Keith Fisher
Тема PostgreSQL, JDBC and BObj
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL, JDBC and BObj  (James Keener <jim@jimkeener.com>)
Список pgsql-novice

Hi,

I am trying to use a JDBC connection (driver version PostgreSQL 9.1 JDBC4 (build 903) to connect to a PostgreSQL 9 database. I am using SAP BusinessObjects 4.1 SP2 to build a universe over the database.

The connection is working ok but is really slow.

I don’t have any direct access to the database, but the developer who is supporting me says the sql run directly against the database is quick and has no issues.

The main table that seems to cause issues has 250+ columns, but only 52,400 rows.

Has anyone got experience of running BOBJ and PostgreSQL, and of tuning the connection for speed? I can add Java memory to the universe designer application and to the services that run SQL but so far this doesn’t seem to have helped.

Keith Fisher