Re: Postmaster errors

От mcelroy, tim
Тема Re: Postmaster errors
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Great, thank you for the additional info.

Tim

 -----Original Message-----
From:   Michael Fuhr [mailto:mike@fuhr.org]
Sent:   Thursday, February 02, 2006 1:05 PM
To:     mcelroy, tim
Cc:     'pgsql-admin@postgresql.org'
Subject:        Re: [ADMIN] Postmaster errors

On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 12:34:44PM -0500, mcelroy, tim wrote:
> That was it, a fellow admin is watching the postmaster with OpenNMS....

I think OpenNMS has a way to set up a custom poller that can do
anything you want (e.g., connect to the database, issue a query,
check the results).  I was playing with that a year or two ago; at
that time the OpenNMS documentation was pretty scant but I remember
coming across the feature in the release notes or some other document.
Monitoring the database with such a poller would tell you more about
whether the service is available than a simple TCP connect does.

--
Michael Fuhr