Re: pgsql and Mac OS X

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: pgsql and Mac OS X
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On May 1, 2007, at 3:19 , Magnus Hagander wrote:

> Not being a Mac user myself, I do seem to recall having read somewhere
> that they changed this at some point. That early versions had it in
> 5432, but it was changed to 5433 in newer ones.

What a guy :) From the Apple developer site:
http://developer.apple.com/appleapplications/ardsql.html

> NOTE: With the release of Apple Remote Desktop 3 the default
> database access settings have changed slightly from 2.x, in order
> to be more compatible with an existing PostgreSQL installation and
> to be more secure:
>
>     * In ARD 3, the default port is now 5433. (A default PostgreSQL
> install uses 5432)

Not having ARD3 myself, anyone happen to know which version of
PostgreSQL Apple's shipping with version 3? My ARD2 installation is
running 7.3.3.

ard=> select version();)
                                                           version
PostgreSQL 7.3.3 on powerpc-apple-darwin7.0.0b1, compiled by GCC gcc
(GCC) 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1472)
(1 row)

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net