Installation problem: failed to initialize lc_messages to ""

От Stefan Schwarzer
Тема Installation problem: failed to initialize lc_messages to ""
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi there,

I am trying to install Postgres 8.1.11 on Mac Leopard. Compilation was
ok. Now, the initdb has some problems:

$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb -D --locale=C /Users/schwarzer/Documents/
data_postgres
selecting default max_connections ... 10
selecting default shared_buffers ... 50
creating configuration files ... ok
creating template1 database in /Users/schwarzer/Documents/
data_postgres/base/1 ... FATAL:  XX000: failed to initialize
lc_messages to ""
LOCATION:  InitializeGUCOptions, guc.c:2666
child process exited with exit code 1
initdb: removing contents of data directory "/Users/schwarzer/
Documents/data_postgres"

What is it? What do I have to do? Can anyone give me a hint please?!

Thanks a lot,

Stef