Re: [HACKERS] Declarative partitioning - another take

От Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Declarative partitioning - another take
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org
> [mailto:pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Alexander
> Korotkov
> Yes. Getting at least some of this features committed to v10 would be great
> and improve partitioning usability a lot.

I'm sorry for not contributing to the real partitioning feature, but I'm really looking forward to seeing the efficient
plan-timeand run-time partition pruning implemented in v10.  Recently, we failed to acquire a customer because they
couldnot achieve their performance goal due to the slow partition pruning compared to Oracle.  The batch app prepares a
SELECTstatement against a partitioned table, then executes it millions of time with different parameter values.  It
tooka long time to process Bind messages.

Another requirement was subpartitioning.  Will this be possible with the current infrastructure, or does this need
drasticchange?

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa