Re: registry permissions

От Napolean Periathambi
Тема Re: registry permissions
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thank you for your advice Scott, but it will take a while to convert the programs to 8.3.3 version.

Is there any permission related or bugs that you can point me to that would cause such behavior.

Thanks
Napolean

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Marlowe [mailto:scott.marlowe@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 5:25 PM
To: Napolean Periathambi
Cc: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] registry permissions

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 2:35 PM, Napolean Periathambi
<Napolean.Periathambi@vsoftcorp.com> wrote:
> We are running postgres 8.0 under windows environment.
>
> The issue is postgres service is running, but none of the programs are able
> to connect.
>
> If I restart the service, it works for a while and quits (service is still
> in running state), so the permissions on the folder and other permissions
> are correct.
>
> The machine is lock down; meaning does not have any write access to
> registry.

There are a lot of issues with postgresql's older windows versions,
some were so bad that support for anything before 8.2 or so was
dropped a while back.  I would definitely try upgrading to 8.3.3 and
see if that takes care of your problem.  the fact that 8.3.3 is much
faster and has lots more useful features just makes the upgrade all
the more compelling.