Re: Performance of ByteA: ascii vs binary

От Олег Самойлов
Тема Re: Performance of ByteA: ascii vs binary
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Just theoretically assumption. PostgreSQL sometimes may optimise internal format of data and can sometimes zip data.
ASCIIdata can be zipped better, then binary random data. Also PostgreSQL sometimes take decision to keep a column in an
externalfile, if the column is still too big after zip. I don’t know what exactly happens in your case, but here can be
areason.