Re: Incomplete freezing when truncating a relation during vacuum

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Incomplete freezing when truncating a relation during vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> schrieb:
>Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>> The VACUUM implementation in 9.3 had several bugs: It removed
>multixact
>> xmax values without regard of the importance of contained xids, it
>did
>> not remove multixacts if the contained xids were too old and it
>relied
>> on hint bits when checking whether a row needed to be frozen which
>might
>> not have been set on replicas.
>
>Uh ... what does the last have to do with it?  Surely we don't run
>VACUUM on replicas.  Or are you talking about what might happen when
>VACUUM is run on a former replica that's been promoted to master?

Unfortunately not. The problem is that xl_heap_freeze's redo function simply reexecutes heap-freeze-tuple() instead of
loggingmuch about each tuple...

Andres

--
Please excuse brevity and formatting - I am writing this on my mobile phone.