Re: pg_dump: Error message from server: lost synchronization with server: got messag e type "d",

От Scott Ribe
Тема Re: pg_dump: Error message from server: lost synchronization with server: got messag e type "d",
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I noted this part of the bug:

> The reported cases involve Windows, which perhaps has
>    different timing behavior than other platforms.

Many years ago, I move some code from UNIX to Windows (XP). On UNIX, I'd just made sure that I was making network write
callswith decent-sized buffers of at least a few multiples of packet size, and it would come pretty close to saturating
thenetwork. On windows, the same approach with same buffer sizes had 1/10th the network performance.

So, yeah, Windows had "different timing behavior" to say the least.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com