Re: Using a trigger with an object-relational manager

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: Using a trigger with an object-relational manager
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On May 22, 2007, at 21:21 , Rick Schumeyer wrote:

> The problem is that the new A object that rails gets does not see
> the effect of the trigger.  If I call the "reload" method, then
> everything is ok.

As ActiveRecord (which I'm assuming you're using with Rails) has no
idea of what is going on in the database (ActiveRecord doesn't have a
concept of triggers), there's no way for it to see the effect of the
trigger without querying the database for the latest information
(which is what you're doing with reload).

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net