Re: Nls sorting in Postgresql-8.3.3

От Mathias Stjernström
Тема Re: Nls sorting in Postgresql-8.3.3
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi!

NLS stands for "Native Language Support" and it's used for display
error/information messages in different languages.

For sorting data you need to look at LC_COLLATE (http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/locale.html
)

You also need to check that you operation system support collation for
your charset/encoding as PostgreSQL relies on the underling operation-
systems collation support. FreeBSD for example does not support UTF-8
collation. On FreeBSD you need the supplied ICU (http://www.icu-project.org/
) patch supplied by portage to get working UTF-8 collation.

Best regards,
Mathias Stjernstrom

--------------------------------------
http://www.globalinn.com/

On 1 aug 2008, at 10.35, Praveen wrote:

> Hello,
> I installed postgresql-8.3.3 in our local server  with option  --
> enable-nls . After successful installion , I create database and
> import data.But I am not aware how to use nls sort in this
> postgresql-8.3.3 .
> Please tell me  syntax how to use nls sort in query , if some one
> know.
> Thanks in advance.
> Praveen Malik.

Вложения