[PG13] Planning (time + buffers) data structure in explain plan (format text)

От Pierre Giraud
Тема [PG13] Planning (time + buffers) data structure in explain plan (format text)
Дата
Re: [PG13] Planning (time + buffers) data structure in explain plan (format text)  (Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

As far as I understand, in the upcoming version 13, information about
buffers used during planning is now available in the explain plan.

[…]
 Planning Time: 0.203 ms
   Buffers: shared hit=14
[…]

In the JSON format, the data structure is a bit different:

[…]
     "Planning": {
       "Planning Time": 0.533,
       "Shared Hit Blocks": 14,
       "Shared Read Blocks": 0,
       "Shared Dirtied Blocks": 0,
       "Shared Written Blocks": 0,
       "Local Hit Blocks": 0,
       "Local Read Blocks": 0,
       "Local Dirtied Blocks": 0,
       "Local Written Blocks": 0,
       "Temp Read Blocks": 0,
       "Temp Written Blocks": 0
     },
[…]

For a matter of consistency, I wonder if it would be possible to format
it like the following:

[…]
 Planning:
   Planning Time: 0.203 ms
   Buffers: shared hit=14
[…]

Note: a similar way to format information is already used for JIT.

[…]
 JIT:
   Functions: 3
Deforming true
   Timing: Generation 0.340 ms, Inlining 0.000 ms, Optimization 0.168
ms, Emission 1.907 ms, Total 2.414 ms
[…]

Regards,
Pierre