pgpool2 HA + split brain

От Zwettler Markus (OIZ)
Тема pgpool2 HA + split brain
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi all,

I am thinking about a HA solution using pgpool2 + postgresql streaming replication.

I am afraid of a split brain scenario (two active primary databases).

In my opinion a split brain scenario should never happen when

a)    I configure the postgresql clusters (pg_hba.conf) to accept only user connections coming from the pgpool2 server

b)    pgpool2 initiates the failover

Do you agree or did I miss something?

Thanks,

Markus