RE: column max length / max timestamps from system tables

От
Тема RE: column max length / max timestamps from system tables
Дата
Re: column max length / max timestamps from system tables  (Scott Ribe <scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com>)
Список pgsql-admin

I don’t have suitable data to hand to test, but I would expect finding the max on a timestamp column would be PDQ, especially if it is an indexed column.

For the other column I’m guessing more work has to be done finding the length for each row. Maybe maintaining a column containing the current length for each row would help?

Anyway, can you test the max timestamp and the max col length separately to confirm where the time goes?

Re-reading the original question makes me think there may be more complexity to your querie(s) then I realise.

Dave