Re: Duplicate indexes found in the postgres Database

От Chris White
Тема Re: Duplicate indexes found in the postgres Database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Sorry, the owner of the database decided to reload the database and we have
lost the duplicate entries. If it happens again I will send you the info.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
Sent: Saturday, February 01, 2003 12:42 PM
To: Chris White
Cc: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Duplicate indexes found in the postgres Database

"Chris White" <cjwhite@cisco.com> writes:
> How do I look at the catalogs and which ones do I need to look at?

Now that I look at it, pg_tables is not a join in 7.2, but just a
straight select from pg_class.  So the problem is definitely in
pg_class.  Let's see the results of

select ctid,xmin,xmax,oid,* from pg_class where relname = 'vm_message';

and similarly for the other duplicates.

> No we haven't seen any system crashes, but people have reported that the
> tables that are duplicated are possibly missing some data.

Hm.  Trying to avoid theorizing in advance of the data...