Re: [GENERAL] jsonb case insensitive search

От Guyren Howe
Тема Re: [GENERAL] jsonb case insensitive search
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jun 1, 2017, at 13:44 , Karl Czajkowski <karlcz@isi.edu> wrote:
If I remember correctly, isn't a compound index always just using
btree?  In general, I have found better luck using several smaller
btree indices than one large compound one.  Unless your entire query
can be answered from an index-only lookup, the extra columns just
bloat the btree index.

The issue is *much* more subtle than this. For repetitive queries, a compound index can be a great speedup.

Best discussion I’ve seen around index design is on the website use-the-index-luke.com.