RE: import question

От Dave Bolt
Тема RE: import question
Дата
Re: import question  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Scobey
I tried a quick and dirty test using phpPgAdmin on PostgreSQL 9.6 and it failed, not surprised.
I did get an error indicating that "1" is not a valid field name, which was what I was half expecting.
I inserted a line at the beginning of the file
id,market
In other words, the target field names. This time it objected to record id 12, which is a duplicate of number 5.
Deleted one of them and it worked just fine.
I'm afraid I don't have immediate access to PostgreSQL 12 at the moment, but hope this helps.

(I used lower case field names in my test. I believe you have to double-quote if you include capitals, but you should
checkthe docs).

Also, you should respond to the list so everyone can benefit and chip in. Everyone subscribed to the list will see the
thread.

Regards
Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Scobey Weaver [mailto:scobey49@verizon.net]
Sent: 26 May 2020 21:51
To: Dave Bolt
Subject: Re: import question

Hi Dave,

I'm using pgadmin 4.21 on postreSQL 12 on a macbook pro running macOS 10.12.6.

I ran it by right clicking on the table I wanted to fill and selecting import/export to run the wizard.

The file I'm uploading is attached.

The table I'm importing to was created as:

CREATE TABLE public.markets
(
     id integer NOT NULL,
     "Market" character varying(50) COLLATE pg_catalog."default" NOT NULL,
     CONSTRAINT markets_pkey PRIMARY KEY (id),
     CONSTRAINT unique_market UNIQUE ("Market")
)

TABLESPACE pg_default;

ALTER TABLE public.markets
     OWNER to postgres;
COMMENT ON TABLE public.markets
     IS 'Market used as the price index (posted, Platts, Opis, Argus, etc...)';

I actually created it using the wizard, also, but it created this SQL query which I'm assuming is the same.

Thanks,

Scobey