Re: I have just downloaded Postgre SQL and "pgadmin 4" doesn't open.

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: I have just downloaded Postgre SQL and "pgadmin 4" doesn't open.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/15/20 4:51 AM, Ecenur Corlu wrote:
> Hello Mr Klaver,
>
> I downloaded it from
> "https://www.enterprisedb.com/software-downloads-postgres
> <https://www.enterprisedb.com/software-downloads-postgres>"

The above needs an account to access. Is this one of the EDB paid
versions of Postgres?

The community edition(if that is what yiu want) can be found here:

https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/postgres-postgresql-downloads

> I start it by just clicking on "pgadmin 4" from the start menu. I also
> tried starting it by clicking on "run as administrator"

Have you looked at the Windows system logs to see if there are any
relevant errors?

FYI, per your looking for the pgAdmin binaries they will be found here:

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\13\pgAdmin4

> My system is :
> Windows 10
> Ram 12GB (11.9 GB usable Ram)
> Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
> x64
>
> Thank you for your reply.
> Ece
>

> Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com
> <mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>>, 15 Kas 2020 Paz, 03:08 tarihinde
> şunu yazdı:
>
>     On 11/14/20 3:45 PM, Ecenur Corlu wrote:
>      > *I have just downloaded the latest version of PostgreSQL
>     (vs.13.1) and
>
>     Where did you download it from?
>
>     More comments inline below.
>
>      > when I try to open "pgadmin 4", it doesn't open.* It first shows
>
>     How are you starting it?
>
>      > */windows wait cursor/* and then the wait cursor gets lost.
>     Nothing happens.
>      >
>      > *I also realized that there is no folder created under* C:\Program
>      > Files. *like this* >>>"C:\Program Files\pgAdmin 4" I can't find
>     log docs.
>      >
>      > I have also tried these methods.
>      >
>      >  1. I have deleted PostgreSQL and re-downloaded it. It didn't
>     make any
>      >     difference. The same mistake is happening again.
>      >  2. I have downloaded Java.
>
>     pgAdmin uses Python/JS/CSS/HTML. Java is not a requirement.
>
>      >  3. I have looked at "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.css\Content Type" to see if
>      >     "text/css" is written there. And it was in "text/css" format, so
>      >     there wasn't any mistake there.
>      >  4. I deleted "Anaconda" which was downloaded on my computer. I have
>      >     read that it blocks pgadmin 4 to start.
>      >  5. I made Chrome my default browser.
>      >  6. I added in "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.jz" a value name: "Content Type" in
>      >     "Reg SZ" type and it's data is "text/javascript" .Previously
>     there
>      >     was just"default" value name and it's data was "JSFile" Ihaven't
>      >     deleted this yet.
>      >
>      >
>      > Thank you in advance for your help.
>      >

>     --
>     Adrian Klaver

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: New "function tables" in V13 documentation
Сообщение: Re: New "function tables" in V13 documentation