Re: Missing Trigger after pgdump install

От Susan Hurst
Тема Re: Missing Trigger after pgdump install
Дата
Re: Missing Trigger after pgdump install  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
The dump command used by the DBA to create the pgdump file is:

pg_dump --clean --if-exists --create --format=plain --no-owner
--no-tablespaces \
         --file=${BKUPDIR}/${TS}.${USER}.pg 2>&1
        \
        | tee -a  ${LOGDIR}/${TS}_biar_dump.log

No noticeable difference when -b is added, but we're not sure what this
is for.  What should we look for?

The log file named db_create_log.txt is where nothing useful appeared.

Here is a snippet from the postgres server log that shows an error
message that the view devops.subscribers does not exist, however
according to the line numbers the view was created before the trigger.

Error from Postgres server log (postgresql-2019-08-16_140110.log):
2019-08-16 14:04:24 CDT ERROR:  relation "devops.subscribers" does not
exist
2019-08-16 14:04:24 CDT STATEMENT:  create trigger subscribers_iur_trg
                  instead of update
                  on devops.subscribers
                  for each row
                  execute procedure devops.subscribers_update();

CREATE VIEW subscribers appears on line 11,968 in the dump file

CREATE FUNCTION subscribers_update() appears on line 2,466

CREATE TRIGGER subscribers_iur_trg appears on line 5,457,362

---
Susan E Hurst
Principal Consultant
Brookhurst Data LLC