Re: [GENERAL] Need help on compiling postgres source code from clonedrepo

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Need help on compiling postgres source code from clonedrepo
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 07/01/2017 11:31 PM, rajan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a cloned repository of postgres and I want to compile the source for
> *REL_10_BETA1* alone.

Or just go here and grab the tarball:

https://www.postgresql.org/ftp/source/v10beta1/

> Following are the steps I am planning to do,
> -> git checkout -b rel10beta1 REL_10_BETA1 (and verifying current branch is
> newly created one)

Is there a reason you want to start a new branch and not just checkout
the existing branch?

> -> Execute ./configure --prefix=/opt/PostgreSQL/10beta --with-pgport=6432
> --enable-integer-datetimes --enable-thread-safety --enable-debug
> -> And then make and make install

--enable-integer-datetimes --enable-thread-safety are the default so
they do not need to be specified. In fact in 10 you can't create float
datetimes:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/release-10.html
"

Remove support for floating-point datetimes/timestamps (Tom Lane)

This removes configure's --disable-integer-datetimes option.
Floating-point datetimes/timestamps have not been the default since
Postgres 8.3 and have few advantages.
"