Re: Another pg_dump using split and gzip for large databases

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Another pg_dump using split and gzip for large databases
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> On 29 Jul 2021, at 17:29, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 05:23:20PM +0200, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>>> On 29 Jul 2021, at 16:58, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>>
>>> OK, I can adjust it to say "GNU split" or just skip this addition.
>>
>> I don't have strong feelings either way, with a slight preference for writing
>> it as "GNU split" since it's still a good tip for a large amount of readers.
>
> Yes, I am on the fence for the same reasons but lean toward moving
> forward for your same reasons.

Making it two separate examples is a good idea, tipping the scale to a +1 from me.

+     If using <application>GNU split</application>, it is possible to
A small nitpick is that we write this as GNU <application>..</application>
elsewhere on this page (like GNU tar for example).

Сообщение: Re: Another pg_dump using split and gzip for large databases
Сообщение: Re: Another pg_dump using split and gzip for large databases