Will Postgres ODBC driver v8.04 overwrite driver v8.01?

От Rob Richardson
Тема Will Postgres ODBC driver v8.04 overwrite driver v8.01?
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc

Greetings!

Is it possible to install the Postgres ODBC v8.04 driver without removing or interrupting the existing v8.01 driver?

We have a customer who has been using the Postgres ODBC driver for several years.  We have identified a need to upgrade him at least to 8.04, but we don’t want to interrupt production until the new driver has been tested.  I would like to have 8.01 and 8.04 both available.  Then, I can use 8.04 to connect to a test database and make sure our programs work before modifying their installation to use the new driver for production.  But I don’t want to install 8.04 until I know that it won’t interrupt their production.

Thank you very much.

RobR