Postgres ODBC driver 8.04 installation recovery path

От Rob Richardson
Тема Postgres ODBC driver 8.04 installation recovery path
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc

Greetings!

I want to install the Postgres ODBC driver version 8.04 for a customer that is currently using 8.01.  However, I cannot make any change to the customer’s computer without being able to undo the change in case something goes wrong.  The customer has a spare computer that we have been using as a testbed.  That machine already has 8.04.  I uninstalled it.  I am trying to install 8.01.  The installer reports that it completed successfully, but the driver is not in the list of choices when I call up the DSN configuration box.

My ideal situation would be to have the two versions installed side by side.  If I could do that, I could test my program against the old driver, see the problem I am trying to fix, change the DSN to use the new driver, see the problem go away, and uninstall the old driver.  However, side-by-side installation does not seem to be possible.  My question about how to do it received no replies.

So, I need a reliable way to uninstall the 8.04 driver and re-install 8.01 so that I can assure the customer that if something breaks, I will be able to fix it.  How can I do that?

Thank you very much!

RobR