Logging in as console crashes the database

От Rob Richardson
Тема Logging in as console crashes the database
Дата
Re: Logging in as console crashes the database  (Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au>)
Список pgsql-general
We have a customer who is running PostgreSQL 8.4 on a Windows Server 2003 box.  The Postgres service is set up to store data on the computer's H drive, which is actually an iSCSI connection to a folder of a disk drive on a separate computer.  The same computer that runs PostgreSQL also runs the Kepware OPC server.  If a user needs to connect remotely to this computer to change something in the OPC server, he has to connect using "mstsc /admin".  More often than not, when a user connects remotely using the /admin option, PostgreSQL will crash.  The only indication of a problem left in the log file is a message saying that error 128 happened, which is a problem with a child process.  It does not say which process, or what the problem was.

The only reference we were able to find on the Web for this problem said that it went away when the user upgraded from 8.3.1 to 8.4.  That was why we did the same upgrade.  For us, the problem still exists.

Has anyone else seen and fixed this problem?

RobR, remaining mystified about why that customer has such as wierd database configuration