Re: How can I run an external program from a stored procedure?

От Steve Atkins
Тема Re: How can I run an external program from a stored procedure?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jun 4, 2010, at 8:03 AM, Rob Richardson wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> I'm running PostgreSQL 8.4 on MS Windows Server 2003.
>
> Assume I have a program named FlashLightAndSoundHorn.exe.  In my database, there is a table that is read by some
otherprogram.  Records in that table have a timestamp, so I can tell how long they've been waiting.  I want a stored
procedurethat checks to see if a record has been waiting too long, and if it does, then it will run
FlashLightAndSoundHorn.exe. How do I run that program from inside a stored procedure?

A better way to do it is to have an external program that polls the database (or waits to be notified from a database
triggerusing listen/notify) and have that program do anything that's needed.

Cheers,
  Steve

От: erobles
Сообщение: Connection's limit in SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 and pg 8.3.11 (no more than 94 connections)
От: "Rob Richardson"
Сообщение: Logging in as console crashes the database