Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group Announces

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group Announces
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group  (Philip Warner <pjw@rhyme.com.au>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> > It isn't, but those working on -advocacy were asked to help come up with
> > stronger release *announcement* then we've had in the past ...
>
> Consider that a failed experiment.  PostgreSQL is driven by the
> development group and, to some extent, by the existing user base.  The
> last thing we need is a marketing department in that mix.

Ummm...I disagree.  Lack of marketing is one of Postgres's major problems.
Particularly when you compare against similar efforts from MySQL, Oracle,
etc.

Chris