Re: Stored function not accepting null value?

От Deirdre Hall
Тема Re: Stored function not accepting null value?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
And that would be where I went wrong. Thanks.

DHall

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
Sent: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 2:01 PM
To: Deirdre Hall
Cc: pgsql-sql@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [SQL] Stored function not accepting null value?

"Deirdre Hall" <d.hall@delcan.com> writes:
> I am using a stored function to determine whether a table needs an
> update or insert, based on the merge_db function in the postgres
documentation.
> (Not currently including it below because it's rather long, but other
> than the fact that it contains 27 values, it's pretty much the same as
> that
> example.)

Well, not including it is a good way to ensure that no one will really
know what the problem is ... but I wonder whether you declared the
function STRICT.  That'd prevent it from being called with a NULL
argument, which seems to fit the reported behavior.
        regards, tom lane
____
This communication may contain information that is confidential, privileged or subject to copyright. If you are not the
intendedrecipient, please advise by return e-mail and delete the message and any attachments immediately without
reading,copying or forwarding to others.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: