Re: FETCH FIRST clause PERCENT option

От Erik Rijkers
Тема Re: FETCH FIRST clause PERCENT option
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-08-19 01:33, Ryan Lambert wrote:
> The following review has been posted through the commitfest
> application:
> make installcheck-world:  tested, passed
> Implements feature:       tested, passed
> Spec compliant:           not tested
> Documentation:            tested, passed
>
> The latest patch [1] and the cleanup patch [2] apply cleanly to the
> latest master (5f110933).  I reviewed the conversation and don't see
> any outstanding questions or concerns.  Updating status to ready for
> committer.
>
> [1] >
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/attachment/103028/percent-incremental-v6.patch
> [2] >
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/attachment/103157/percent-incremental-v6-comment-cleanup.patch
>
> Ryan Lambert
>
> The new status of this patch is: Ready for Committer

Hi,

(running with those two patches applied)

   select * from onek where thousand < 5 order by thousand fetch first -1
percent rows only
is correctly caught (with "ERROR:  PERCENT must not be negative") but:

   select * from  onek where thousand < 5 order by thousand fetch first
101 percent rows only
is not. It doesn't return, and cannot be Ctrl-C'ed out of, which I guess
is another bug?

thanks,

Erik Rijkers