RE: duplicate key value violates unique constraint

От Dave Bolt
Тема RE: duplicate key value violates unique constraint
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

I have two immediate questions on this.

1)      Do you Need to make sure there are no gaps in the sequence of id values?

2)      Are you ever going to use 9223372036854775807 id values, even with the deletions?

If you want to re-use the id of a deleted row, and it is not going to cause problems elsewhere in your database, you could always have a deleted column in each row instead of actually removing from the table. When you want to insert next, you would just look for the first row where deleted is true and replace it.

Not entirely perfect, but would probably do the job.