AOLServer/PHP/PostGres Site...

От Eric Nielsen
Тема AOLServer/PHP/PostGres Site...
Дата
Re: AOLServer/PHP/PostGres Site...  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-novice
I haven't a problem that I'm sure isn't related to postgres, but I've gotten
good answers here before and no one seems to be answering/have a solution
for me on the php lists, so if you're a php or html guru please read on,
otherwise I apologize for bothering you.

I have a page being created using php and a backend postgres database.  The
page is a series of tables.  Each table has five rows, each row has five
columns, three of which are forms with about four hidden variables and a
submit button.  The hidden variables are combinations of values from the
database and extracts of SQL where clauses used to further restrict a
search.  There are about 60 rows divided up among the tables (using multiple
tables to allow for incremental loading).  About 2/3 of the way through, one
of the tables (which one depends on the amount of debugging echo's in the
code) gets corrupted and a row is truncated, causing the next row to start
within a preceding row.  The variable containing the row to print is correct
and will print to a file correctly.  Somewhere between the php echo
statement and the browser the line gets truncated.  The line is no longer or
shorter than the other lines around it that made it through fine.

The code works on an apache server running on a machine with 128 MB ram (the
AOLServer machine has 64 MB ram).  The page itself is about 80Kb because of
all the hidden fields in the forms.

I know this is outside the scope of this list, but does anyone have any
ideas about what could be causing this?

Eric Nielsen