Re: pgadmin3 query tools

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgadmin3 query tools
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

Thanks.

> >- I don't see the pg_catalog schema no matter whether I have system
> >objects on or off. I always see pg_temp_*.
> >
> Done. Ordered System/Temp/standard namespaces.

Thanks.

> Please have a look at the properties and sql output of all
> objects. This
> should be checked by somebody different from the code hacker, who's
> normally blind... Maybe this task could be performed by
> somebody else? Expecially weird cases with mixed namespaces
> for functions within one
> object could be unhandled (missing schema) or "overhandled",
> i.e. shown
> fully qualified while only legal within same namespace.Last pgAdmin3
> version always available at
> http://www.pse-consulting.de/pgadmin3/pgadmin3.zip

I (or Mark) should be able to handle this, but if there are other
volunteers, please feel free.

> >- Keith's fix for the login loop doesn't work. If you get
> your password
> >wrong, it never let's you renenter it. What used to happen was it
> >called the login code again (the bit Keith commented out),
> but let you
> >re-enter the password and other details if appropriate.
> >
> Done. Still, in OnCancel() cursor won't switch back to
> pointer; could be
> nasty to find so it's postponed.Actually, without having gone
> into it,
> seems to be a wxWindows fault.

Thanks. Odd...

> >On a more general note, one og the most useful things in pga2 is the
> >logging system. There is one in pga3 tied in with wxLog -
> can we start
> >using it liberally please 'cos it's invaluable for support purposes.
> >sysLogger::DoLog() shows what each level will do.
> >

> This needs some modification; sql is shown only for "debug" level. Do
> you like all those "pgXxx created"?
> pgadmin2's level seem to be what we need.

The difficulty there was mapping the pgAdmin debug levels into
wxWindows. As 99% of the time I use Errors/SQL/Full Debug, I decided to
include only those plus None. As for all the pgXxx created's, we
probably don't need those as long as we do put in meaningful messages
elsewhere. In pga2, we log every function entry on Full Debug which is
handy if we need to figure out the call stack, but otherwise can be a
pain.

What do you think? I vaguely remember reading somewhere that glibc has
some sort of call stack macro that you can use at runtime anyway... Can
Windows do anything like that in a non-debug build?

Regards, Dave.