Re: pgadmin3 query tools

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgadmin3 query tools
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi guys,

That's fine with me. My major concern is that the code that drives the
grid is only written once. This is likely to get quite complex once
editting features are added, and I don't want to maintain 2 copies. I
always want to keep the look and feel consistant.

So, how about we create a class derived from the wxNotebook as Andreas
suggests, which can just be passed the completed query to display the
results and allow editting thereof (where possible), and display explain
output (and hopefully one day we can add a visual explain tab).

 There might be another argument towards two distinct
> tools: Porting to
> **ix might be easier.

The biggest problem we're finding in *nix is that the ctor for wxString
doesn't like taking an initial value (iirc).

Mark, I know you're busy, but if you get 5 minutes, can you do an update
and try rebuilding on Linux please? It's possible that there are one or
two source files missing from the Makefile...

> Just tell me where you find something. And I'll find out who's at my
> machine adding that leaks while I'm off-site. Just reviewed all
> ExecuteSet and  found two missing pgSet deletes in pgColumn
> and pgSequence.

Ahh, those pesky code pixies....

Regards, Dave.