Re: where's the build environment for odbc

От Dave Page
Тема Re: where's the build environment for odbc
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi Jon,

I have run your patch past a developer who is familiar with the psqlODBC
and PostgreSQL build systems (something which I am not). He made some
comments based on which I will not be applying your patch to CVS as it
currently stands:

The changes to AC_INIT and AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE change from "new style" to
"old style" and are therefore definitely wrong.

The PGAC_ARG_* macros provide a more robust argument checking than the
standard ones, so I would keep them.  If there is a problem that you
need to get these macros from the PostgreSQL source tree (only for CVS
developers, not "to build"), then just copy over the required m4 files
and put them in your CVS.

The changes in AM_CONDITIONAL are then pointless if you keep using the
PGAC_ARG_ macros.  Also, "$with_unixodbc-no" is wrong.

Replacing PGAC_VAR_INT_TIMEZONE by AC_STRUCT_TIMEZONE is wrong, because
they don't do the same thing at all.  Again, just copy the m4 file if
you must.

If you have time to submit a revised patch based on these comments, it
would be appreciated.

Regards, Dave.