Re: Error registering pg as a Windows Service

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Error registering pg as a Windows Service
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin

Hi Ralph,

Unfortunately Windows 95/98/ME do not support services, for that you
need Windows NT, 2000, XP or 2003. I believe you can run PostgreSQL on
ME, but you will need to start it manually, or using a batch file or
similar.

I would also point out that running PostgreSQL on Windows 95/98/ME
should be limited to development, experimental or personnal use. That
series of OS is definitely not up to the job of a production server.

Regards, Dave.