Re: gforge

От Dave Page
Тема Re: gforge
Дата
Re: gforge  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
Список pgsql-www

Globally, or each project manager can do this for his own project (if
the latter, then that would address my major concern with the packages
capabilities).

> As for what exactly is wrong with gBorg ... again, I don't
> know, as I don't use it ... but, as an example, why doesn't
> PgAdmin3 use it, except as a redirect to http://www.pgadmin.org?

Mainly because we prefer the traditional mailing lists + CVS approach
like the core server uses. We also have a multilanguage website that
gborg can't do, but then I'm not sure that sf.net can either (for
example).

Probably better people to ask would be Robert or Chris K-L, as they
actively chose sf.net as an alternative to GBorg.

> Again, note, I'm neither here nor there on this ... it was
> suggested, so I started to play with it to see what it could
> do ... if its just a matter of taking cues from gForge and
> bring them to gBorg, that's cool too ...

My major concern is the confusion that 2 parallel project sites will
bring, or the chaos that an attempted migration is likely to cause.

I don't see an easy win that won't take significant planning.

Regards, Dave.