Re: Debian Packaging

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Debian Packaging
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

Yeah, Bochs is pretty slow. UML isn't though, mainly because all you are
doing is running an additional kernel in user mode. You are not
emulating hardware or anything.

> I had never head of http://www.usermodelinux.org before your
> email. Where can
> we download pre-built distro? I cannot find the downloading
> address.

Just click the Downloads option at the top left(ish).

> The
> advantage is that several distros are installed without
> emulation... Quite
> interesting, why not?

Well, yeah. I'll see what we can do. We had a Slackware VM running in
minutes - the only thing I didn't get working yet was a NIC connection,
which is kindof important!

> Don't use Snake as a build host, we
> need it until your
> system is up-and-running.

Doesn't affect it. You can start and stop VMs as required - you don't
even need to tweak the kernel on the host (except possibly to allow the
virtual NICs), just download and run.

Regards, Dave