Re: pgAdmin3 maturing...

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgAdmin3 maturing...
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

Yup. Checkout the attachment. As you can see, that's 9 seconds into the
data transfer of 124,310 rows. In total it took 33019 + 86718mS, but I
only saw 20 rows until it finished, and no scrollbar. I cannot select or
navigate those 20 rows and a resize whilst it was loading made all the
data vanish.

> >There are 10s of thousands of pgAdmin users worldwide
> >
> Unfortunately they don't use pgadmin3 at the moment. Every
> time I touch
> the system I find problems: wrong property values, wrong sql
> queries...
> we need feedback from beta users that stress the app.

Which we will get in abundance once we release an alpha version (and
getting trickles of now - I applied 3 fixes already today), for which I
think we are about there - particularly if we can sort the last 2 (3?)
dialogues first. Then it's just the build issues, Query Tool/Query
Builder selection and common use of ctlSQLResults, and Jean-Michel's
gettext work before beta.

Knowing there are bugs yet to be found, doesn't stop any of us working
on other enhancements in the meantime, no matter what release we get
them ready for.

What does (should) stop that sort of work is known bugs, and I for one
drop everything to fix issues where I can, though that's not always easy
when it's not your own code as I'm sure you know.

Regards, Dave.

Вложения