Re: wxWindows Build

От Dave Page
Тема Re: wxWindows Build
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi Raphaël,

OK. I will (time allowing), add a patched wx2.5 tarball to Snake for use as our 'supported' version. Due to the changes
inwx, we should probably stick with this version (fixing any bugs we find ourselves) until 2.5 is formally released.
SoundOK? wxPython is a non-issue. We only use it for running XRCed (the XRC dialogue editor), and that uses wxPython
2.3on my system.

> Testing and Unstable : we are obliged for the moment to link
> without unicode support and against wxWindows 2.4 + GTK 1.2
> if we want to be able to integrate official debian
> repository. Ron Lee who is responsible of wxWindows debian
> packages will surely release a cvs snapshot package of 2.5
> and I've asked him if it is possible to integrate unicode support.

This probably won't wrk with the current build system which we (well, Adam) recently ripped 2.4 support out of. I don't
believeadding a simple 2.4 option will be a problem however - I will look at it tomorrow (again, time allowing).

> Experimental : here we can do about everything we want, so I
> I'll  produce a wxWindows 2.5 with gtk2 and unicode in it
> specific to pgadmin3.

Sounds like a plan to me. I will create an account on Snake for you to upload your work to so you are not dependent on
anyof us.

Regards, Dave.