Re: Connecting to postgres on OSX from Swift using PostgresClientKit

От howardnews@selestial.com
Тема Re: Connecting to postgres on OSX from Swift using PostgresClientKit
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2022-08-01 01:02, Tom Lane wrote:
> howardnews@selestial.com writes:
>
>>> Maybe add config.host = "localhost"?
>
>> Thanks, tried localhost, 127.0.0.1 and ::128. No joy
>
> Don't know much about Swift, but it wouldn't surprise me if that
> code is running in some kind of sandbox that disallows IP
> connections by default.

Swift/Xcode is new to me too!

> Also, does psql work when you say "psql -h localhost"?  It's
> possible that your server isn't listening on localhost, or
> there's a firewall there.  Your working connections could all be
> via Unix sockets, from what little you've said so far.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Using psql, i can successfully connect to localhost. In the
postgresql.conf the listen address is *.
The application was installed from the EDB installer; not sure about
firewalls on sandboxes in this situation.

Howard

Сообщение: Re: Connecting to postgres on OSX from Swift using PostgresClientKit
Сообщение: Re: Connecting to postgres on OSX from Swift using PostgresClientKit