Re: \COPY ... CSV with hex escapes

От Alban Hertroys
Тема Re: \COPY ... CSV with hex escapes
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 8 Jul 2010, at 4:21, Craig Ringer wrote:

> Yes, that's ancient. It is handled quite happily by \copy in csv mode,
> except that when csv mode is active, \xnn escapes do not seem to be
> processed. So I can have *either* \xnn escape processing *or* csv-style
> input processing.
>
> Anyone know of a way to get escape processing in csv mode?

And what do those hex-escaped bytes mean? Are they in text strings? AFAIK CSV doesn't contain any information about
whatencoding was used to create it, so it could be about anything; UTF-8, Win1252, ISO-8859-something, or whatever
Sybasewas using.

I'm just saying, be careful what you're parsing there ;)

Alban Hertroys

--
Screwing up is an excellent way to attach something to the ceiling.

!DSPAM:737,4c359d9f286212106016419!