Re: recovering a control file from a shutdown database....

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: recovering a control file from a shutdown database....
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> When the postmaster starts up, it tells me that:
>
>      database was initialized with BLCKSZ 16384,
>      but the backend was compiled with BLCKSZ 8192.
>      looks like you need an initdb.

It sounds from that error message like your 7.1.2 version of PostgreSQL was
modified and compiled from source. The default BLCKSZ is 8192, which is what
your 7.1.3 version is using. I think you need to modify the BLCKSZ for 7.1.3
to match that of your database, and recompile, if you want to avoid losing
it.

See <postgres source tree>/src/include/config.h for the section that looks
like the following:
/*
 * Size of a disk block --- this also limits the size of a tuple.
 * You can set it bigger if you need bigger tuples (although TOAST
 * should reduce the need to have large tuples, since fields can now
 * be spread across multiple tuples).
 *
 * The maximum possible value of BLCKSZ is currently 2^15 (32768).
 * This is determined by the 15-bit widths of the lp_off and lp_len
 * fields in ItemIdData (see include/storage/itemid.h).
 *
 * CAUTION: changing BLCKSZ requires an initdb.
 */
#define BLCKSZ 8192

and change
#define BLCKSZ 8192