Re: ERROR: function crosstab(unknown, unknown) does not exist

От Stefan Schwarzer
Тема Re: ERROR: function crosstab(unknown, unknown) does not exist
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>>> Now, when I launch a query which includes "crosstab()" as a postgres user, everything works fine. However, if I
launchit as user XXX, it complaints:

>> Are you schema qualifying the function name when you use it?
>> If not, does user XXX have schema tablefunc in their search_path?
>
> Also, does user XXX have USAGE permission on the schema containing the
> extension?  Usually, if you're going to stick an extension into a schema
> other than public, you're going to want to grant usage on that schema to
> PUBLIC, or at least more than nobody.

Strange thing is that if I specify the schema for the crosstab function:

     SELECT * FROM tablefunc.crosstab( 'SEL….

than it works.

The search path is indicated as:

     "$user", public, metadata, admin, gis, tablefunc, postgis, topology

I added a GRANT USAGE ON SCHEMA tablefunc TO XXX. Just in case, but this didn't solve the problem. Still wondering why
itworks for user Postgres, but not for user XXX...