Recommended resource type and settings for J2EE/Glassfish connection pool

От John Lister
Тема Recommended resource type and settings for J2EE/Glassfish connection pool
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi, what is the recommended/supported/best resource type to use with a J2EE server eg Glassfish for the connection pool? I'm currently using javax.sql.ConnectionPoolDataSource with PGSimpleDataSource as the class, however I would have thought an XADataSource would be better?

I seem to remember a while ago trying it but having quite a few problems so gave up, but want to look at this again from a performance point of view.

Also, what settings/parameters would anyone recommend either to the connection pool or the driver itself such as statement caching?

Thanks

John
--

Got needs? Get Goblin'! - http://www.pricegoblin.co.uk/