Re: simple_heap_update: tuple concurrently updated -- during INSERT

От SZŰCS Gábor
Тема Re: simple_heap_update: tuple concurrently updated -- during INSERT
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dear Tom,

Thanks for your reply.
Thinking about it, yes; there are triggers that (may) do updates on this
table, and there is a master table "pakolas" ("pakolas_cikktetel" is a
detail of it) that I touch, and yes, it has a NOTIFY in AFTER trigger. (that
is one of the causes I touch that table ;) )

Q1. So is this everything that can be said -- NOTIFY calls
simple_heap_update that is concurrently updated by a different transaction?

Q2. I'm not sure if it's a good idea, but if the transaction simply fails
due to a NOTIFY, can I hack around it so that it won't ruin the entire
transaction, only NOTIFY?

Q3. Is there a way to degrade this error to warning or maybe notice (without
recompiling the server source ;) )?

Thanks again,
G.
\end