simple_heap_update: tuple concurrently updated -- during INSERT

От SZŰCS Gábor
Тема simple_heap_update: tuple concurrently updated -- during INSERT
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dear Gurus,

I tried to shuffle through the archives but was lost in the technical
details. Please feel free to tell me a search keyword suitable for my case
if there's any.

QUESTION1: is this error _always_ harmless (other than transaction
rollback)?
QUESTION2: is this reported exactly like other errors? i.e. in psql, through
psqlodbc, etc.

As you can see below, this came during an INSERT. I don't really understand
the warning.

QUESTION3: May I assume that the transaction aborted even before it began?
QUESTION4: If that's so, does it rule out triggers and such?
QUESTION5: May it be a problem in 7.3.x that's fixed in 7.4.y?

System: PostgreSQL 7.3.4, Dual Xeon HT

Log: ERROR:  simple_heap_update: tuple concurrently updatedog. LOG:  statement: INSERT INTO pakolas_cikktetel   (cikk,
minoseg,helyrol, mennyi, pakolas, sorszam, helyre) VALUES   (102165, 1, 1488, '25', 68615, 1, 1338) DEBUG:
AbortCurrentTransactionWARNING:  AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state

I read in an earlier post that turning on statement logging and duration may
help. If we can reproduce this error, I will. So far this is the only
occurence.

G.
\end