Re: High update activity, PostgreSQL vs BigDBMS

От Adam Rich
Тема Re: High update activity, PostgreSQL vs BigDBMS
Дата
Re: High update activity, PostgreSQL vs BigDBMS  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
I'm using 8.2 and using order by & limit is still faster than MAX()
even though MAX() now seems to rewrite to an almost identical plan
internally.

Count(*) still seems to use a full table scan rather than an index scan.

Using one of our tables, MySQL/Oracle/MS-SQL all return instantly while
PG takes longer ther 700ms.  Luckily we can design around this issue.