Re: database access queries

От sandhya
Тема Re: database access queries
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
----- Original Message -----
From: "bramhe manoj" <manoj_bramhe@yahoo.com>
To: <pgsql-admin@postgresql.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 3:54 PM
Subject: [ADMIN] database access queries

> hi ,
>
> we are working as linux administrators in enng college
> in mumbai(india).

> we have created databases in postgresql for all staffs
> & students & granted them with permissions & password

   Are all users have superuser permission ?

> query :
>
> how to restrict database user from accessing other
> users databases?

    Accessing other user's database......IS it mean getting the table info
of other user's database?

> here we are  getting problem that any user can access
> database of other users
>
> pls tell us  how we can do in postgresql

See:
 \du
              List of database users
 User name | User ID |         Attributes
 postgres    |         1 | superuser, create database
 root           |     100 | superuser, create database
 sampledb   |     103 |

If you have a user of 'sampledb' with no superuser permission..he can't
access the tables of other user's database.
Check the permissions and the login info.